Thursday, August 2, 2012

Worthy

‎"The most splendid achievement of all is the constant striving to surpass yourself and to be worthy of your own approval." Denis Waitley


I found this quote today and it really hit me. I'm constantly feeling inadequate lately. I'm struggling with life. Mind you there are lots of things going on. Changes at work, desires for things I know need time and patience before they can come true, growing girls who like to test their limits, house almost complete, living in boxes, packing, bills that need to be paid, just to name a few. I feel like I'm pretty strong and can handle a lot but the last month or so I just feel overwhelmed. It seems like when this happens everything else falls apart quickly behind. If I'm not strong no one around me can be either...which in times like this makes things even harder as I feel more pressure to get "back to normal". 


I need reminding that I am strong, I am powerful, I am good at things, I am a great mother, friend, sister, worker, I am smart, kind, caring, I know my job and excel at it, I am a great team player, I have achieved a LOT in my life, and there are many more opportunities and experiences ahead for me that I will excel at and succeed in. I need to remember these things, I need to depend more on God. I know that anything I am struggling with he has felt my pain, known my strive, and is along with me on my journey. I need to realize for ME, not anyone else, what I am worth and see my potential and "be worthy of my approval." So here's to changing my thinking, becoming more confident and overcoming these hurdles in the way right now. Because I will survive, overcome, and triumph! 






Always

.

I CAN do Hard Things!


I have been loving these references lately saying "I can do hard things" these scriptures have helped as well.

Philippians 4:13. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Alma 26:12 "...for in his strength I can do all things;"
Mark 10:27 "...With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

1 comment:

Amber said...

You are a wonderful friend and I wouldn't make it without your support. You've got this girl!