Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feeding the Ducks

Did you know I love Wheeler Farm?
I'm determined for my kids to share that same love.
My grandpa was the head farmer there for over 20 years. Since we lived just down the road we would often walk down and help him feed the chickens, milk the cows, and feed the ducks. My mom did tours of the farmhouse and barn for years and I love knowing all the little facts and quirks about the place.
I try to take my girls there during the summer as much as possible and since it was nice enough out lately and we had some old bread I thought it was a perfect idea to try to go feed the ducks.
However, we couldn't even get down to the ducks...the geese surrounded us and they were HUNGRY.
They were taking food right off Grace's tray before she could even throw it, she finally just put her hands in the air as if to say "I surrender! take the bread!" They were taking the bread right out of Abbie's hands as well, I think she even got nibbled a few times.




Lets just say my love for the farm might not be able to be the same for them until they are old enough to hold their own against these geese. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Such cute little girlies you have! I didn't know all that about your Grandpa and Mom, that's so cool!