Sunday, May 29, 2011

Life...

I recently found this quote...
“We are more interested in making others believe we are happy than in trying to be happy ourselves.”
-Francois de la Rochefoucauld 

I think it is so true.
It's hard to focus on the good things in life and I find myself bragging/talking/gossiping about things that often don't matter or aren't that big of deals and not focusing on the real important things in life. That and also pushing other things under the rug thinking that others wouldn't want to hear it or not wanting to put my "dirty laundry" out for the world to know about, judge, or look critically at. 

Life is hard.
Especially lately.

Its hard having two ACTIVE kids under age 3. 
Its hard paying off debt.
Its hard feeling like you're loosing who you are.
Its hard finding dependable renters.
Its hard to keep up with friends.
Its hard having a husband in school & working 2 jobs.
Its hard having patience lately.
Its hard juggling work/motherhood/being a wife/sister/daughter.
Its hard being diagnosed with postpartum depression.
Its hard not having a supportive family.
 Its hard seeing old friends doing things in life that you've always wanted/dreamed about but not being able to.
Its hard supporting your in-law.
Its hard being sick when your suppose to take care of the house/family/kids/bills/life.

So...here's to a new view on life.
Here's to seeing things in a new perspective and actually enjoying life instead of 
worrying/stressing/fighting over all the little things.

My life is not perfect by ANY means.
but I have many perfect and wonderful things in my life. 
I need to learn to see these things more and really be happy for ME.

No comments: