Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Ring

5 years ago to the day Devin proposed to me. He did it one morning after bringing me breakfast in bed and was acting so weird and strange and than put the ring on the wrong hand/finger that I was totally confused at what was going on. Of course I caught on quickly and said yes shortly after realizing what was happening.
I haven't been wearing my ring lately because of swollen pregnant fingers and than because the diamond sits up higher than most and I would scratch the kids chins/cheeks when buckling them in their car seats. My ring needed to be cleaned and re-dipped and so Devin asked where it was so he could bring it into the jewelers, little did I know he had another plan in mind. He surprised me with a brand new ring. He traded in the band and kept my original diamond however since it was a princess cut it wouldn't fit in the new setting so he made it into a necklace. I have to say he must know me well cause I love it and am so happy with it, as are the kids as it sits lower and doesn't scratch them anymore. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I said yes, it's been a crazy 5 years with lots of changes and challenges but I'm proud of where we are and everything we have been able to accomplish in that time. Here is to another 5 and eternity beyond that.


No comments: