Friday, November 18, 2011

RIP Gma Dee

On November 6, 2011 we got a phone call that Devin's mom was unconscious and they were performing CPR for the last 20 minutes without any comeback. I've had lots of experience with death  but this time was so very different. We had just seen her the weekend before when she had come down to help with Halloween and watch the girls. I'm glad that we had got to see her so soon before this all happened. 
We are so thankful for the out pour of support, friendship, kindness, and love we received from so many of our family, friends, and neighbors.
We had a small service for her down here and were expecting around 40 about 75 showed up and it was so nice to see how many people truly were affected by her and how much support we really had. Its really amazing how much you learn about a person after their gone, and a little sad at the same time.
Devin has now lost both his parents and is only 25. Its heartbreaking and I'm not really sure how he has been able to be this strong throughout this ordeal. 
I'm so thankful for my believes and to know that they are happier now than they ever were here on earth and that we will be able to see them again someday. 
We love you G-ma Dee and miss you terribly. 







No comments: