1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate with eggnog cupcake. Never had one...go to the Sweet Tooth Fairy now and get one. You won't regret it I promise. Mmmm
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap. Although this is a big debate between me and Devin still....I would like to have 1-2 presents from Santa and the rest wrapped from us....Devin says all presents from Santa....we better decide while the kids are still young.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree. White outside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes. all year long actually cause I forget to take it down and than it sits there cause I don't want to take it down and have to pull down all the Christmas stuff to put it away.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving. with Devin working weekends it normally happens sometime during that week after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love all the sweets. and Christmas morning cinnamon rolls.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I always loved how my parents would read the Christmas story "birth of Christ" from the bible on Christmas eve. Also all the Christmas parties.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember. but probably around 9-10 ish.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not growing up but I have since getting married. Devin's family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve and than we go home and open one gift (Christmas Jammie's)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, and ornaments with a star on top. This year we have silver, blue and red ornaments with white star. It kinda looks like a 4th of July tree. :)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I always loved it growing up. Now as an adult I don't really care for it. Although it defiantly doesn't feel like Christmas without it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! Every birthday we would go ice skating until I was 21 and pregnant with Abbie and haven't since. Maybe we will go this year....
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I had these twin dolls that I had wanted forever...I remember I was so excited and took them practically EVERYWHERE with me for the next few years...they got a lot of play out of them.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family. I love spending time with my family, and seems like at the Holidays we see the most of them which is nice.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love driving down Christmas street and going downtown to the Temple to see the lights on Temple Square.
17. What tops your tree? A silver sparkly star
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? It totally depends on the gift. If its something I worked really hard on or put a lot of thought into I LOVE giving, but also who doesn't love receiving gifts as well.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yuck.
20. Favorite Christmas show? The Santa Claus, Elf, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
21. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas shoes song...there are a few others as well. I normally just change the station though.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manager, Joy to the World, Hark the Harold Angels Sing, Silent Night. I love pretty much all Christmas songs!
23. Do you use an Advent calendar? No.
24. Do you go to church on Christmas? If its on Christmas day yes, if not no.
25. What were your Christmas morning rules as a kid? We could open anything in our stocking and look at the presents under the tree but we weren't allowed to open anything or move any presents until the parents got up. Normally they were pretty quick to get up, and I'm pretty sure a few years they had to wake us up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment