Monday, August 23, 2010

Rice Cereal & Hunting season

Grace experienced her first rice cereal over the weekend.
I couldn't believe how well she ate it. She did much better then Abbie ever did and was loving every bite. Her faces were priceless to watch her experience that new texture and taste.
She would sit with the food like that for a minute and then all of a sudden swallow it down.
She never really did spit any of it out.
This is the messiest she got. She didn't want to waste any of that stuff!
All content after eating. :)

She also has decided this weekend that she can roll and sit up. We've been working with her trying to get her good at it and I guess we just had to wait till she decided she wanted to bad enough cause now she is a rolling machine and is sitting up like a pro. Its funny cause she will start to roll over and if Abbie see's her she will run over and push her back on her back and say "No baby Grace lay down!" I guess she doesn't want to have her sister in all her toys. lol
When Kymbree was down last weekend I took this picture to send to Jodi to show their size difference.
After I took it I look over and Abbie is laying down next to them, She wanted to be included as well.

My mom is so crafty and made Abbie these books that have colors, alphabet, numbers, shapes, & patterns on them that you match them to the correct place. She LOVES them and could play with them all day long. It really amazes me how smart she is and how much she knows already.
She knows all her colors, can count to 15 without help but you have to coax her to do it, sings the alphabet with just a few changes, loves to sing Old McDonald and will do all the animal sounds, can sing numerous other songs including Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Little Ducks, Monkeys Swinging in the Tree, Popcorn Popping, Once there was a Snowman, and more.
This weekend was the opening day of Archery Deer season so Devin, my dad, & Carl are all hunting so it left me with the girls. I spent most of our time at my mom's house hanging out and playing.
We went to Gardner Village and she got to ride the horses.
Can you tell how excited she was?
 Sitting on the porch watching Abbie play in her swimming pool and she runs up and says I want cheese with g-ma & momma.
She also has said a few funny things these last few weeks that I wrote down cause they were just too funny to pass up. 

She fell out of my parents trailer while we were camping the first of August (post to come, the pictures are on Devin's phone. You might have noticed her scratches and cuts on her face) and when people ask how she got her owie she says "Abbie fall out of g-ma & papa's trailer, papa said wait, and Abbie no wait" 
 (I can't believe how she associates things and puts them together so quickly)

She bit my mom pretty hard the other day so my mom hit her mouth and told her that you don't bite people, later that day she was talking to her baby and says "if you bite people then g-ma hit you"
(not really the understanding we wanted her to get out of it but for now it works I guess)

I was driving onto the freeway and she had a bowl of goldfish crackers in her lap and says
"momma slow down or you'll spill my fishys"

She was talking to her stuffed animal monkey's and says
"monkey be nice and share or you'll go to the corner, cause that's naughty"

No comments: