From babycenter.com :
"Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term."
I made it another week, it hasn't been a very fun one but it's been manageable and I'm thankful she has gotten more time to grow inside the womb as it will mean a healthier baby in the end. I'm now dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. The doctor said "I'm not one to make bets but I would put a good wager down that you'll be having this baby soon" I was glad to hear that. If she is born this week there is a 20% chance of her being considered premature and next week that drops to a 5% chance. Next prenatal appointment is Thursday March 4th and after that they won't stop the contractions and will let nature take its course. There is an end in sight and I'm getting so excited to have our baby and see our little girl! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment