Here are some things I found or would have found helpful during our stay:
Watch their kids - Give them specific times and dates your available. Huge relief and weight lifted off my shoulders not having to plan and schedule and ask for help - just knowing it's there.
Bring dinner - Even frozen it is so nice and one less thing to worry and plan about. My work was so generous and set up a food train for us and brought dinner 2-3 times a week. Besides other families and friends helping out. It was so appreciated!
Garden - My yard is a hot mess right now and driving me crazy and even if I had more time do attend to it, I'm still recovering and can't be bending down like that. I would have loved to have someone come weed my yard or mow the lawn.
Gas gift card - I can't tell you how much more we have been filling our cars with gas by making multiple trips into the hospital each day.
Bring food to the hospital - We had food brought to us and also got given coupons and gift cards to places around the hospital and it was so appreciated.
Text/mail/call - just check in. There were some days that after running all over it was nice to just have a normal conversation and ground myself a little bit. I so appreciated people just randomly reaching out and checking on us and our family.
Be kind. - While I can't speak for everyone, my emotions during this journey have been all over the place and the simplest comment or gesture could send me over the edge. Remember to be kind in all your actions and think before you speak. Also don't take it personal or think I'm crazy when I do break down in front of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment