Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trial and error

I was trying to figure out why Corbin wasn't growing like he should be so I started trying different things, such as increasing my milk supply with Mothers Milk tea, using Basil essentiall oil, and making sure my diet is healthy. However I think we finally figured out Corbin's issue, he is lip tied. We have to go see a specialist for it but our pediatrician said that she doesn't think it would be beneficial to have surgery to correct it and to just find other means to help him. I've been using a nipple shield which helps him latch better and he has been doing better each day. The doctor is still concerned about his weight but we think it's just cause he started sleeping through the night so early that he is missing out on 2-3 feedings a day that most newborns would be getting than. I'm not about to wake him up in the night and am fine with him being little just as long as he's meeting his milestones and growing a little bit each month, which he is.



No comments: