Monday, April 23, 2012

Dad's 50th Birthday

My dad turned 50 this year. Of course that meant the perfect opportunity to throw a party. I really stressed myself out for this one. I had too much going on already between work, Devin's finals and a sick kid, but in the end it turned out better than what I imagined and I was very happy with the final project.
*On a side note why is blogger still uploading the pictures all funky? I'm not a fan!*

I went through boxes and boxes of pictures finding enough to make a collage of pictures in the numbers "5" and "0" (I should take a close up picture of them cause so many of the pictures are PRICELESS) They turned out so cute. 
I also asked all of his friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to send in their favorite memory of him. I originally was just going to give them to him in different envelopes for him to read and remember however after receiving so many and loving reading them myself choose to make a book out of them. The book turned out so good and he absolutely LOVED it as well as its a great keepsake for us kids as well. I put different pictures in along the memories and I ended up getting around 70 memories to put into it. I loved hearing so many of them that I never would have known about or heard otherwise and it just was more proof of what an amazing thoughtful and friendly guy my dad is. 




 Devin's cousin Caiti made the cake. It fit him well motorcycles, mustaches, and hunting.

 Melissa made this really cute handout/game telling different events that had happened over the last 50 years as well as what different items were priced of the last 50 years. It was so fun and very interesting!

 Last but not least if anyone knows my dad his many mustaches over the years are what he is "famous" for so I found these cute mustache cutouts and had people take pictures with them. 
I don't know what it is about a mustache that makes the silliness in people come out but boy I loved every minute of it! 

























 I sure love you dad and appreciate everything you do for me throughout my life and most recently. Your a great example to me in all your many roles of being a father, husband, friend, leader, worker, family man, etc. I am blessed to have such a great dad. 
 My kids stayed home with a babysitter (after all the work put into this I wanted to enjoy it :) ) and when I got home they had fun with the mustaches too. :) 



No comments: