Thursday, July 1, 2010

June

So here we are again another month gone and I didn't find the time to blog all month. Oops.
My excuse is always we were so busy but as I'm uploading pictures of the month I keep thinking
Wow we were really busy this month!

Since Devin works graveyard shifts I've gotten Abbie into a bad habit of sleeping in "mommas bed" with me at night. She sure does love to snuggle up with me and I don't mind it so much either. :)
RC Willey was doing a promotion of a Meet & Greet with Dora & Sponge bob Square Pants. My parents were watching her that day for us and sent me this picture. She was sooo excited. She still talks about how "Dora touched Abbie's head and Bob touched Abbie hand" (if you can't tell she talks in 3rd person now)
I've started giving the girls baths together, it was getting too much to do them separately and have 2 messes to clean up. Abbie has to be careful not to splash as much but other than that they love it and Grace just laughs the whole time.
Speaking of laughing Grace this month has gone from a smirk...
To a grin...
To BIG Smiles. We sure do love when we get them out of her.
She also has perfected some funny faces. This one she gives me a lot, "seriously mom another picture"
If you look closely I got her hair into a ponytail and was so proud of myself.
Abbie loves getting pictures taken with Baby Grace. I swear Grace is going to think we tortured her when she grows up from looking at pictures like this. lol
I love this picture both girls sleeping in the car,
it's a VERY rare occasion that one of them isn't screaming during car rides.
Abbie's new trick when we go shopping is to peek up at Baby Grace through the back of the car seat.
She says "boo baby Gace, Abbie hiding" lol
On Father's Day we went and visited Devin's Dad's Grave site. It was the first time the girls or I had been up there and it was very special to share that with Devin.
For the life of me I tried to find a picture of Devin and the girls together but couldn't so I'll just add a little note in here of how lucky I feel to have such a great husband and father to my children. He really is wonderful.

Fathers day this year also happened to be our 1 year anniversary. Crazy that it's been a whole year!
This was taken on Devin's birthday last month.
and this is from our baccalaureate/bachelor parties. Look at the difference in our eyes...can you tell we have two kids now and don't get much sleep? haha
On June 15th we went and took our endowments out at the Draper Temple. It was very special and exciting for us to take this big step in our lives. We're waiting to be sealed until some paperwork gets completed hopefully around August we will be able to do that.
The last week Abbie has gotten a bug that has had her throwing up everyday and pretty sick. She has been spending lots of time sleeping and is not her usual happy self. Its so sad to see your baby sick and have no way to help them feel better. :(
Also this month we traded in the Mazda and got ourselves a 2010 Ford Focus.
I love it, Devin would have liked something different, but oh well. It only had 18 miles on it when we bought it and because of all the manufacture rebates going on right now we were able to get a loan with zero percent interest and have the same payment amount that we owed on our other car. I'm very happy with the purchase and this will be a great family car for us for years to come.
But can I tell you I sure am itching for a road trip since we got it!
Also I chopped my hair off. 13 inches to be exact. It was very spur of the moment and I do somewhat regret it just cause it took me so long to grow it out and now its gone but its growing on me more everyday and has been much easier to maintain and manage, which is a nice benefit.
Anyways, that is all for now. We have another busy month in July and lots of fun activities planned.
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and I can't wait to see Abbie's reaction to things now since she's older. Hope you all have a safe weekend!

No comments: