I can't believe how fast time goes once you have a new baby.
Grace had her 2 week appointment and was
5 pounds 12 ounces (2% centile)
19.75 inches long (28% centile)
and had a head circumference of 13.2 inches (4% centile)
Since she hadn't gained any weight the doctor was a little worried but said that most of the time preemies will stay the same weight and then gain a lot after a couple weeks to catch back up. They had me pump a bottle for her twice a day and supplement it with formula hoping it would help her gain a little and then we went back a week later to get re-measured.
At 3 weeks she was
6 pounds 6 ounces (3% centile)
20 inches long (21% centile)
and head circumference of 13.6 inches (7% centile)
I couldn't believe how much she grew in just one week but am glad that she is finally gaining. She is finally in newborn diapers and still drowning in the newborn clothes but I'm sure soon enough I'll be having to get out the next size of clothes and packing away all the little outfits I love so much.
Abbie will finally hold baby Gace (as she calls her) but we have to be extra careful since she now thinks she can pick her up and carry her around as well. These are matching dresses I was going to save for Easter but just couldn't resist putting them in them a little early. I'll try to get a better picture of them in them again soon.
And in other news Devin got offered and accepted a position with the University Of Utah Hospital.
He works at the information desk helping escort people and delivers packages to different departments and areas of the hospital. He started on March 15th and has really enjoyed it so far. It is a great opportunity for him to get acquainted with different people in the hospital and it has room for him to grow and advance so we couldn't be happier. Its different to be home alone during the days but it is also a nice comfort to know we have 2 incomes again. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment